Historically Grand Prix has been BRR's most notable running race of the season. Let’s kicks off the year with a two-series runs on two consecutive Fridays. It takes place in the beautiful island of Muharraq between the 2 bridges. Each loop is about 5km; so for the 10km race, participants will complete 2 loops; and for the 15km race, participants will complete 3 loops.
- Registration Ends: Fri 25/12/2020 at 23:59 or if we reach the maximum capacity of 300 runner
- Total capacity for Adults race is 300 slots
- Age group will be generated automatically depend on runner’s date of birth
- Runner must write the correct timing chip in the registration form, we are not responsible for wrong entry of the correct chip number
- Runners who don't have timing chip, they could buy new one for BD 5/-and we will send it out with the race package only
- Price: 12 BD
- Age Limit: 16 - 70+ years of age
- Location: AlGhous Park, Muharraq
- Fri 08/01/2021: 10KM run; race starts at 7:00am
- Fri 15/01/2021: 15KM run; race starts at 6:30am
- The race will start in waves, organized by the bib numbers. The waves will be organized from fastest pace group in the front to the slowest pace group in the back.
- During registration Participant will select expected 10km pace:
- Pace A: Sub 4min pace per KM
- Pace B: Sub 5min pace per KM
- Pace C: Sub 6min pace per KM
- Pace D: Sub 7min pace per KM
- Pace E: Open pace
Participant Package Details
- Delivered by courier company to your address in Bahrain, please write your address correctly
- Package will include: T-Shirt, Bib, race information and timing chip if you are buying
- Trophies and Cash Prizes to Top three overall (Male/Female): 1st BD300, 2nd BD200, 3rd BD100
- Trophies to Top three finishers in each Age Group (Male/Female): 16-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70+
Race Specific Rules
Each race is unique in some form or another. Below are Grand Prix specific rules.
- Timing Chip must be worn for the entire race duration. It should be worn on the shoelace or on an ankle bracelet.
- Runners hold the responsibility of entering the Timing Chip code correctly during the registration, any wrong typo of the timing chip code my result on no recording the timing
- The race is in Two series: 10km and 15km. Participants must complete all Two races to qualify for a trophy.
- Winners would be those who complete all two runs with the fastest total time of all 2 races.
- Trophies will be awarded for all age group winners.
- Treat all participants, marshals, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Participants must wear their BIB facing forward during the race.
- For safety reasons, headphones are not permitted.
- Also read the Full Race Rule (Click Here)
- Mask must be worn pre-start.
- Temperature of each participant will be checked. Participants with temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be able to participate in the race.
- Start Area:
- Mask must be worn & Social Distancing must be maintained.
- Athletes must stay with their assigned wave.
- Mask can only be removed after the first 300m.
- Athletes should avoid running directly behind another athlete.
- All the Aid Stations will be self-service.
- Finish Area:
- Athlete must wear Mask that will be provided at the finish line.
- Gathering will be prohibited.
- Mask must be worn during the trophies ceremony.