Historically Grand Prix has been BRR's most notable running race of the season. It kicks off the year with a three-series runs on three consecutive Fridays. It takes place in the beautiful island of Muharraq between the 2 bridges. Each loop is about 5km; so for the 10km race, participants will complete 2 loops; and for the 15km race, participants will complete 3 loops.
- Members: 10BD
- Non-members: 15BD
- Registration Ends: Tus 16/10/2018 at Midnight
- Age Limit: 16 - 65+ years of age
- Location: AlGhous Park, Muharraq
- Fri 19/10/2018: 5km run; race starts at 7:00am
- Fri 26/10/2018: 10km run; race starts at 7:00am
- Fri 02/11/2018: 15km run; race starts at 7:00am
Bib Pickup Details
- Location: Elevation Burger, Seef Mall, Seef District
- Tue 16/10/2018: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wed 17/10/2018: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Race Specific Rules
Each race is unique in some form or another. Below are Grand Prix specific rules.
- Timing Chip must be worn for the entire race duration. It should be worn on the shoelace or on an ankle bracelet.
- The race is in three series: 5km, 10km and 15km. Participants must complete all three races to qualify for a trophy.
- Winners would be those who complete all 3 runs with the fastest total time of all 3 races.
- Trophies will be awarded for all age group winners.
- Treat all participants, marshals, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Participants must wear their BIB facing forward during the race.
- For safety reasons, headphones are not permitted.