BRR Full Marathon Race
Join us for one of the oldest Marathon events in the region. The Bahrain Road Runners Marathon predates the London Marathon! It was inaugurated 1979 to celebrate the visit of Queen Elizabeth II to Bahrain. The 1979 BRR Marathon had 15 participants, and was won by Pete Rogers. In 1983 our BRR Vetran Mustafa Fulad became the first Bahraini to complete a full Marathon. The current track record is held by our BRR legend Abdellatif Ait Hsine, who compeleted the race in a total time of 2:21:03.
BRR aspires to bring participants together as a community by offering a supportive, energetic and empowering environment for people pursuing a healthy and active lifestyle. We invite you to continue your wellness journey with us!
- Members: 15BD
- Non-members: 20BD
- Teams: 20BD
- Registration Ends: Tue 27/Feb/2018 at 11:59pm
- Age Limit: 18 - 120 years of age (Individual); 16 - 120 years of age (Team Members)
- Location: Bahrain International Circuit, Sakheer
- Date: Fri 2/Mar/2018 at 6:00am
Bib Pickup Details
- Location: Elevation Burger, Seef Mall, Seef District
- Tue 27/Feb/2018: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wed 28/Feb/2018: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Race Specific Rules
Each race is unique in some form or another. Below are Full Marathon specific rules.
- Timing Chip must be worn for the entire race duration. It should be worn on the shoelace or on an ankle bracelet.
- Trophies will be awarded for all age group winners.
- Treat all participants, marshals, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Participants must wear their BIB facing forward during the race.
- For safety reasons, headphones are not permitted.