BRR Full Marathon Race
Join us for one of the oldest Marathon events in the region. The Bahrain Road Runners Marathon predates the London Marathon! It was inaugurated 1979 to celebrate the visit of Queen Elizabeth II to Bahrain. The 1979 BRR Marathon had 15 participants, and was won by Pete Rogers. In 1983 our BRR Vetran Mustafa Fulad became the first Bahraini to complete a full Marathon. Also we will be having a side 5km race
BRR aspires to bring participants together as a community by offering a supportive, energetic and empowering environment for people pursuing a healthy and active lifestyle. We invite you to continue your wellness journey with us!
- Registration Ends: Tus 03/Mar/2020 at 23:59
- Limited capacity is available
- For 5KM race the totals slots will be 400
- Age Limit: 16 - 65+ years of age
- Age group will be generated automatically depend on runner’s date of birth
- For Full marathon participation and team captain, runners must write the correct timing chip in the registration form
- For Full Marathon participation and team captain, runners who don't have timing chip, they could buy new one and collect it during bib pick-up date only
- 5KM race will be fun race and thus no timing will be tracked for this race
- Location: Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir
- Date: Fri 06/Mar/2020
- Full Marathon race: Start time at 6:00am
- Full Marathon race: Cut off time after 5.30 hours from race start time
- 5km race: Start time at 8:00am
- Full Marathon Race Prices:
- Members: 10BD
- Non-members: 15 BD
- Teams: 25 BD
- 5km Race Prices:
- Members: 5 BD
- Non-members: 7 BD
Bib Pickup Details
- Location: Elevation Burger, Seef Mall, Seef District
- Tue 03/Mar/2020: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wed 04/Mar/2020: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Race Specific Rules
Each race is unique in some form or another. Below are Full Marathon and 5km Race specific rules.
- Timing Chip must be worn for the entire race duration. It should be worn on the shoelace or on an ankle bracelet.
- Team should use the same timing chip, and it is the team captain responsibility to write the correct timing chip during the registration
- Full Marathon, Medals will be awarded for finishers only and not for teams.
- Full Marathon, Relay teams are only allowed of minimum of 2 Runners and maximum of 4 runners per team.
- 5km Race, No time will be taken.
- 5km Race, No Medals will be given.
- 5km Race, The top overall 3 winners of men and ladies will have trophies.
- Treat all participants, marshals, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Participants must wear their BIB facing forward during the race.
- Headphones are permitted.
Please also read the full Rules by clicking on the link: RULES