Historically Grand Prix has been BRR's most notable running race of the season. Let’s kicks off the year with a three-series runs on three consecutive Fridays. It takes place in the beautiful island of Muharraq between the 2 bridges. Each loop is about 5km; so for the 5km race, participants will complete 1 loop; for the 10km race, participants will complete 2 loops; and for the 15km race, participants will complete 3 loops.
BRR aspires to bring participants together as a community by offering a supportive, energetic and empowering environment for people pursuing a healthy and active lifestyle. We invite you to continue your wellness journey with us!
- Registration Ends: Fri 30/09/2021 at 23:59 or if we reach the maximum capacity of 300 runner
- Total capacity for Adults race is 300 slots
- Age group will be generated automatically depend on runner’s date of birth
- Price: 20 BD
- Age Limit: 16 - 70+ years of age
- Location: AlGhous Park, Muharraq
- Fri 22/10/2021: 5KM run; race starts at 7:30am
- Fri 29/10/2021: 10KM run; race starts at 7:00am
- Fri 05/11/2021: 15KM run; race starts at 6:30am
- The race will start in waves.
- Timing begins when the Runner crosses the start line.
- Cut-off time 9:30AM for all 3 races.
Participant Package Details
- Delivered by courier company to your address in Bahrain, please write your address correctly
- Package will include: T-Shirt, Timing Tag Bibs, and race information
- Trophies and Cash Prizes to Top three overall (Male/Female): 1st BD300, 2nd BD200, 3rd BD100
- Trophies to Top three finishers in each Age Group (Male/Female): 16-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70+
- There will be no Trophies Ceremony. All trophies will be sent by courier to the Winner’s registered address
Race Specific Rules
Each race is unique in some form or another. Below are Grand Prix specific rules.
- All participants must be Vaccinated/Recovered with green shield in the “BeAware” application.
- Bib must be worn by each participant during the entire race. The BIB includes in its back the Timing Chip Tag, so it must be worn during the whole race in order to record the timing and be eligible for Winner Trophy.
- The correct BIB must be worn by the participant in all races in order to ensure proper time recording. Please ensure not to damage or bend the bib because it includes in its back the Timing Chip Tag. If the Timing Chip Tag is broken, then it will not record your time.
- The race is in three series: 5km, 10km and 15km. Participants must complete all three races to qualify for a trophy.
- Winners would be those who complete all 3 runs with the fastest total time of all 3 races.
- Trophies will be awarded for all age group winners.
- Finisher Medals: Each participant will be awarded “Grand Prix” Finisher medal after the completion of the last 15km race.
General Race Instructions
- Treat all participants, marshals, volunteers and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Participants must wear their BIB facing forward during the race.
- For safety reasons, headphones are not permitted.
- Also read the Full Race Rule (Click Here)
- Mask must be worn pre-start.
- Temperature of each participant will be checked. Participants with temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be able to participate in the race.
- Start Area:
- Mask must be worn & Social Distancing must be maintained.
- Athletes must stay with their assigned wave.
- Mask can only be removed after the first 300m.
- Athletes should avoid running directly behind another athlete.
- All the Aid Stations will be self-service.
- Finish Area:
- Athlete must wear Mask that will be provided at the finish line.
- Gathering will be prohibited.
- All participants must leave the area as soon as they finish their race.